Dear Daniel Boone Parents,
We all know this year school is looking a lot different and part of that difference, unfortunately, is not being able to have our annual bubble run. We know students look forward to the run every year and while everything will be pared down this year we hope they will all still have fun with what we have planned!
IMPORTANT INFO & DATES
This year we’re excited to bring the READ*RIGHT*RUN boosterthon to DB. It has a 20/20/20 theme where students will be asked to read and do some sort of physical activity for 20 minutes a day while also doing 20 kind acts for families, friends, communities, and strangers. Attached you will find a log where students can note what they’re doing for each category. While there are some differences, luckily some things will stay the same. We are using the same website as years past and it will include all the same features. You will be able to create a website for your kids where you can share photos and videos of the activities they’re doing and also check and share their fundraising progress.
Even with some of our students and teachers being virtual this year, we still have a lot of things we are funding for the school. Not knowing what to expect for the year, we have cut back on our budget but would love to be able to readjust those numbers. We’d love to still be able to fund: literacy and stem projects including One School One Book, virtual field trips, teacher reimbursements, additional indoor recess games & activities, and more. In an effort to make things as easy as possible on everyone we only have a couple of fundraisers planned this year, we’d love to make this one count in a big way!
Keeping all those expenses in mind, we’d love to have a successful year of fundraising. With everyone’s help we feel confident in reaching our goal of $10,000 for the whole school! If every student reaches our individual goal of $25, we can make that much and more! The readathon officially begins on September 28th and ends on October 19th.
We will also still be doing some prizes, they will just look a little different this year. We plan on having class/grade prizes as well as a completion prize for anyone who completes and turns in their log.
In an effort to make this fundraiser as easy and successful as possible each student will have their own online fundraiser page. To register and collect donations, follow the instructions below.
- Go to https://www.getmovinfundhub.com/register to register. Fill in your information and use the following code for the school identifier: 5d6578f12c075
- Once registered you can customize your child’s fundraising page with their information, picture and pledge goal!
- You can also check out how the school is doing using the link below.
Once registration is complete, you’ll be taken to your dashboard where you can add more children, edit profiles and check on the progress of their pledges. PLEASE NOTE: everyone needs to register this year, even if you’ve registered in previous years. Registering takes just a moment and having an online fundraising tool helps make things a lot easier! In fact you can simply use the website link to share your child’s pledge page via text, email and social media. Posting a picture, a fun Boomerang or traditional video featuring your child on social media will help your posts stand out. And don’t worry If you have friends or family members who prefer not to donate online, you can still collect cash and check pledges. Simply use the pledge form in this packet and send everything to school in an envelope marked “PTO READATHON.”
SHARING IS CARING
Reaching out to friends and family is a great way for your kiddos to feel like they’re helping their school. We will have various rewards and incentives for the kids but we know kids LOVE to help and spreading the word on social media is a great way for them to do that! Below are a few ways you can help your children help their
- Channel your inner Steven Spielberg and make a video of your kiddos explaining how much they love DB, talking about the run and/or how much a donation would mean to them and email or text it to friends and family.
- Take pictures or video of you kids reading, doing kind things or doing their favorite physical activity and share it along with their website link. This would be a great idea for a text or Facebook post.
- If you have the Boomerang app, record them running, playing with bubbles and/or doing something silly. Boomerang has a great feature that makes videos fun and a little funny. One of these videos along with a quote from your kiddos would be a fun way to share their pledge page.
Thank you for ALL your help with meeting our fundraising goals during this crazy school year. We are so grateful for all of our DB community! As always, if anyone has any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
DONATION PLEDGE SHEET
Note below who has donated and how much they gave you.Cash and checks are accepted, please have checks made out to Daniel Boone PTO.
Students Name __________________________________ Grade ________ Teacher ___________________